Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Single to Double

Why am I still single? 

If you are asking that question, perhaps...
  1. you just want to be so.
  2. you haven't find the right person.
I found myself asking the same question five years back. People around me were too occupied with their family and partners. As I am from the other side of the South China Sea, I was always alone and bored in this city. So, when someone finally asked me out, I took the leap of faith and went out with that person. 

It is important to note that when you are assessing others, the other person is also evaluating you. Hence, if you don't want to be alone forever, here are some tips for you. This comes from someone who recently got married :D 

Here you go!
  1. Make yourself vulnerable. Give yourself a chance to go out with someone you don't really know. 
  2. Expand your network or social circle. Go out and meet more people.
  3. Don't judge too quickly. Give the person benefit of doubt. Go out with the person a few times before you make a conclusion.
  4. It is normal to argue or fight in a relationship. If the person doesn't make an effort to say sorry and patch things up, perhaps he/she is not the right one. If it is your fault and you don't bother to do likewise, then perhaps you don't feel that he/she is worth it.
  5. If you are in a relationship for more than three years, nearing the age of marriage, you need to start discussing the future with your other half. Better to communicate earlier than later.
  6. If you are together for more than 5 years and he/she still haven't pop the question, drop some hints. If you are bold and comfortable, ask and find out more.
That's all I can share. Hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment